EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
Baptist Health offers their employees a wide and comprehensive range of benefits and employee incentive programs. We believe in taking care of our employees as well as we take care of our patients.
The following are just a few of the benefits and incentives available to our employees system-wide.
- Baptist Health's Paid Time Off (PTO) program blends personal time with accrued vacation and holiday time to give you more flexibility in the scheduling and use of your benefits. Under the PTO program, vacations, holidays and personal days accrue into a "Paid Time Off Bank." The Paid Time Off Bank is separate from employees' Sick Bank.
- Sick Time is accrued each quarter based on actual hours paid with a maximum accrual of 10 days per year or 80 hours, and can be taken after the first 80 hours has accrued (one year).
- Bereavement Leave will be paid for up to three days (24 hours) in case of death of an immediate family member.
- Group Long-Term Disability Insurance provides disability income to eligible employees, based on their monthly earnings. Eligibility means full-time employees regularly scheduled to work 60 or more hours bi-weekly.
- Retirement Accumulation Plan (RAP) after completing one year of service (minimum of 1,000 hours worked) and for each qualifying year thereafter, Baptist will make an annual employer contribution on your behalf into your RAP account.
- Educational Assistance Program will provide a portion of the cost of your tuition for classes related to your job or designed to prepare you for further opportunities within the system. Eligible classes can be taken at any accredited school, college or university that is approved by the Educational Assistance Committee. Tuition is available to all regular employees who have completed at least six continuous months of employment before class begins. As a general rule, Tuition Reimbursement is limited to $3,000 per fiscal year for full-time employees (some locations may offer more to help fill certain critical position). Part-time employees will have reimbursement pro-rated, based on their full-time equivalent. Each course must be completed with a satisfactory grade to be reimbursed.
- Family Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA). Up to 12 weeks paid leave time possible for qualifying employees due to their own serious health condition, the birth or adoption of a child or the serious health condition of an immediate qualifying family member.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential help in coping with problems such as marital and family conflicts, depression, work-related stress, grief and loss, chemical dependency, or legal/financial difficulties with up to 10 free visits per year for employee or employee's household members.
- Other benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Cancer Coverage, and a 403B Thrift Savings plan with employer match.
System-wide employee incentives include:
- Discounted computer purchase program.
- Employee discounts in gift shops and cafeterias.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Free holiday meals.
- Employee Wellness programs.
- Educational opportunities including free computer classes.
- Hospital week activities and events.
- Employee service awards.